Pages

Friday 9 October 2015

Back to uni


So I am finally back at uni and it feels pretty good to be back, the buzz of new and returning students is refreshing compared to the slower pace of life at home. Fresher's week is such a weird week, it can be super crazy or super quiet and is actually when I tend to sit and think. Or overthink.


This is when I realised the social pressure that was actually on students to go out often, get drunk and actually enjoy such nights on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong, I love a good night out with my friends and boyfriend. But, I equally enjoy a night in with a movie and some snacks. Yet, during freshers week my housemates and I almost felt pressured to go out drinking, when in reality all we fancied doing was settling down for the night. 

This is what I love and hate about uni. There are so many different opportunities that it  means there is literally something for everyone. For example, last night I went to a Welcome Talk for Enactus and have just returned from taking my housemate to a horseriding lesson.

I guess the point of this post was to say, don't just do what you think everyone expects you to do. Do what makes you happy. On the other hand, it is good to push outside of your comfort zone every once in a while too.
Are you back at uni, school or work? Have you tried anything new?
Katie .xx

No comments:

Post a Comment